Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh Oh, Oh, Oh!

So today I decided to "whip up" a project I had seen in a book last night while I was reading through my stash of books from the library. I got some really great ideas by the way.

So, this simple project turned into a whole day stop and start project. I'll post photos of the finished product, but I was so frustrated that I didn't even think about doing it during the creation stage:)

The thing about patterns from books is that they sometimes don't give enough diagrams. Personally I think you need to have a diagram for every step. Needless to say, I won't be buying the book myself. But I do think that I will post my first tutorial about how to make an apron with a bib top. Yes, I said bib top. Bib top because I have no other words for what it looks like.

My tutorial will have detailed photos, steps and good measurements for height etc. The pocket is so low I can barely reach it...and attaching the bib to the bottom was just way to interesting and frustrating that I won't even comment. After re-reading the directions multiple times, I just did it my way. It looks good from the front....

Look for my tutorial...and just read it just so I feel good!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment