Monday, February 22, 2010

It's been too long!


So, I finished a few projects! Finally, I know.

One of the projects was the skirt. Here is the book I found it in:






I made the "Yard Sale Skirt", which I believe gets it's name from the fact that the author must have gotten her fabric from a yard sale.
It was interesting to say the least. If you ever try it, or if I ever try it again, I will be making each panel at least 1 inch wider. The measurements given in the book don't correspond with the actual pattern pieces. I should have measured the pieces to make sure that the book was correct, but I'm an amateur.
So, my skirt has 8 panels, but my next skirt will only have 6 with an additional inch or so.

Here are the photos.



Before the skirt, I made this apron



It was from another book from the library. I had to move up the pocket, as I made the top too long. I still need to add the decorative buttons on top of where the straps attach to the "bib" part of the apron.


So....my next projects are a few "Daisy's" originals, adapted from many different ideas I've had and seen. A dress for my little sweet pea, a few baby gifts and a few additions to my etsy store.

Book update: I finished writing my storybook about Miss Daisy and her little friends. My novel is still one chapter away from being finished. I just am torn between the endings. I am looking for an illustrator or some ideas about how I can illustrate my storybook myself. I have a few ideas about what I want the pictures to look like.

And little miss Daisy herself is about to make her appearance. I am so excited!!!

On other notes, I have a few new ideas that I will be debuting on my site. Some sweet little treats for your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment