Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sewing again...



So, I had a great idea....kindof from a recent movie, but more to benefit the seamstresses in our midst....I'm going to write a blog about the book I've been sewing out of. Not because I like the author or anything, but because I am sure there are other people out there that have sewn with it and been met with frustration concerning the sizes of the items. One pattern turns out smaller than the measurements given, the next one is two big.

Right now, I'm doing a Kimono dress with an Obi Sash. It is really pretty and unique, but the bodice turned out too big, so tomorrow, I go to make it smaller. Then I'll post a picture. There was no way my husband was taking a photo of me in the swimmy top.

I also made the little sundress included in the book. That only took an hour or so...but turned out long, but once summer comes it will be perfect. I can definitely make this one again. I'll add the little bloomers later this week.

I also made a headband out of green jersey to mimic the steam of a flower for when Anna wears her fancy bows and flowers. I learned that you have to make sure you use sew the fabric correctly, as seen in the last photo. The knit has to be horizontal to you when it is vertically laying in front of you so that it stretches well.



On the business side of "Daisy's" I came up with a slogan...and my dear friend, Esther made up my super cute logo. which I will be unveiled shortly. "Cozy. Classic. Chic" Thoughts?

I also auctioned off 2 of my minky blankets for VCS last Friday. It was my first "official" event.

I'm working on developing my website. More on that to come.

I can't wait to show you all Daisy! She's super cute!

Have a fabulous week!


No comments:

Post a Comment